Tepper School of Business, Pittsburgh, PA
Master of Business Administration, Expected Graduation: May 2015
Carnegie Mellon University, , Pittsburgh, PA
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Dean’s List, May 2009
Google, Inc, Pittsburgh, PA
Retail Solutions Consultant, May 2013 – Present
- Developed solutions and implementations for retail data feeds for major clients of the Google Shopping organization (Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Sears).
- Facilitated the acquisition and absorption of the Channel Intelligence infrastructure through localization of tools and documentation.
- Triaged and resolved urgent support tickets by developing custom scripting, altering feed mappings and configurations, and communicating with internal/external clients.
- Trained and supported new staff members as our group rapidly expanded, including conducting training classes, developing documentation, and providing internal support.
- Created VBScript code to produce clean and useful data feeds for Consumer Shopping Engines (CSE’s) like Google Shopping, Shopzilla.com, etc.
Siemens Industry, Inc. DT LDP/AP, New Kensington, PA
Sales Application Engineer, July 2011 – May 2013
- Fulfilled orders of medium-voltage variable-frequency drives (VFD’s) from sales point-of-contact to manufacturing turnover of over $50 million dollars’ worth of equipment.
- Managed a multi-year, sole-sourced frame agreement between Siemens and Dow Engineering/Saudi Aramco joint venture company to supply >$10m of equipment for the largest petrochemical facility in the world.
- Supported outside sales activities by resolving technical and commercial discussions with customers and end-users. Special focus on the development of technical solutions with strategic product positioning against competitive products.
- Facilitated technical and commercial quotation development for over 80 separate industrial projects through direct interaction with end-users, sales representatives, and foreign associates.
- Presented consistently to senior level management to obtain project approvals. Led roundtable reviews of market price determination, legal and corporate policy compliance, competitive commercial offerings, and comprehensive technical solutions.
- President of the Pittsburgh Chapter of Siemens’ Network for Excellence in Talent (NEXT), an organization providing personal and professional development opportunities to young professionals.
Elliott Group (formerly Elliott Company), Jeannette, PA
Business Development Application Engineer, October 2009 – June 2011
- Managed the development of a computer-based pricing tool that determines the estimated cost and market price of multi-million dollar, engineered-to-order turbomachinery projects to within 3% accuracy.
- Created algorithms to evaluate the manufacturability and cost for centrifugal compressors and large-frame steam turbines up to 70,000 horsepower based on minimal technical input from customers and the sales team.
- Aligned efforts of external programming contractors and internal Application Engineers by delegating development tasks and performing extensive testing activities to maintain ongoing project quality, progress, and reliability.
- Synchronized pricing strategies and quotation processes between two manufacturing locations in Japan and the United States, and established homogenous processes to improve customers’ experience through a universal quotation model.
- Coordinated project goals and reporting tasks between upper and middle management, sub-contractors, and international offices.
- Enrolled in process innovation exercises that reduced company waste of time and materials, including an exercise that reduced compressor diaphragm machining time by 20%.
Marketing Engineer Intern, May 2008 – August 2008
- Composed engineering 3D renderings and technical drawings in ProEngineer for use in company training exercises, trade show brochures, public advertisements, and other internal users.
- Analyzed competitive product lines and identified areas of the company’s product weaknesses and strengths to target the company’s research and development efforts and sales strategies.
GAI Consultants, Homestead, PA
Design Specialist (Contract Position), September 2009 – October 2009
- Reviewed design modification proposals for the Westinghouse AP1000 nuclear reactor to ensure engineering quality and continuity.
- Revised AP1000 technical drawings to synchronize engineering design departments with technical documentation control departments.
- Modified internal documentation to ensure compliance with Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) standards and practices.
Daedalus Excel Product Development, Pittsburgh, PA
Mechanical Design Engineer, February 2009 – September 2009
- Designed components and assemblies for the medical and mine safety industries using practices that ensured reliability and intrinsic safety.
- Validated product designs using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in both SolidWorks and ProEngineer packages.
- Fabricated prototypes in machine shop using basic machine tools, 3D Printers, endmills and lathes.
Senior Design Capstone Project, Pittsburgh, PA
Engineering Design II, Fall 2008
- Designed a semi-automated ice-cube maker using principles of ‘green design’, passive cooling and affordable manufacturability.
- Developed and prototyped design while functioning as the team’s principle designer, and presented at a University-wide summit.
Google’s Lunar X-Prize Challenge, Pittsburgh, PA
Independent Study, August 2007 – May 2008
- Designed an aluminum spoked wheel that could support 160kg rover while weighing less than 1.23kg.
- Participated in intensive teamwork sessions to design, test and build space-rated systems within weight and budget constraints.
- Software: Advanced Excel (VBA Macros, nested logic layers), SolidWorks 2011, Photoshop, MATLAB
- Microcontroller programming and robot automation, PLC ladder logic, stepper and servo motor control
- Extensive graphic design skills, web design, photography, videography and filmmaking, illustration, and 3D modeling.
Activities and Hobbies
- Semi-professional photographer, operating sole-proprietor wedding and portrait photography company – www.SmartoStudios.com
- Member of ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- Member of Engineers Without Borders; Pittsburgh Professional Chapter
- Carnegie Mellon University Rowing Club, Varsity Team/Publicity Chairman
- Outdoor sports, including camping, hiking, and geocaching.
- Experienced musician, and freelance music writer for an online music magazine.